InkTober 2015: Days 4-7

Gallery

This gallery contains 4 photos.

Days 4 through 7 of InkTober are complete. The Micromanager runs amok in my brain and prevents me from getting anything creative accomplished. I have had to work for his ilk in the real world, but fortunately not for many … Continue reading

InkTober 2015: Days 1 – 3

Gallery

This gallery contains 3 photos.

InkTober is here again! This is year three for me to participate in the InkTober challenge, which is the concept of Jake Parker. Day 1 was a revisiting of my tentacled eyeball. The inking was executed by using a Winsor … Continue reading

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

And for the final day of the INKTober Challenge, a Praying Mantis! We spent Halloween eve with some friends, and watched the 1957 movie “Deadly Mantis.” B movie to the extreme!

But the real praying mantis has some incredible detail in the way it was made.

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

Getting a better grasp on how to use the sepia ink. Gives ink drawings a new dimension.

That’s it for the INKTober challenge, but I’m going to continue with learning about drawing with ink.

INKTober Day 28: Mickey

And now, the most frightening monster I’ve drawn to date… Mickey!

INKTober Day 28: Mickey

INKTober Day 28: Mickey

I’m kidding…

Mickey adopted us a couple years ago, but he belonged to our next door neighbors. He didn’t seem to understand and spent a lot of time with us. A few months ago the neighbors told me they were moving and asked us if we wanted to keep him. So we are behind the curve as far as Mickey is concerned.

INKTober Day 27: Monster

I don’t think this monster needs any introduction. This is drawn a promotional still of Boris Karloff as the Creature in the 1935 movie “Bride of Frankenstein.”

INKTober Day 27: Monster

INKTober Day 27: Monster

The background was unintentional… the pen left a big blob of ink at the back of his head. I tried to use a coffee filter that I use for wiping the pen to blot up excess ink and it smeared. So I improvised, dipping a folded bit of coffee filter in the ink then ‘smearing’ it outward. I’m actually happy with how it turned out.

And the inking… I think I had a breakthrough tonight.