Phoenyx Arts now on Society 6

I have opened a “store” on Society 6 where prints and other items with my artwork will be available. The site address is https://society6.com/phoenyxarts.

For now, Here Comes Krampus is the first design available. The Krampus art was created during InkTober, and this application was inspired by a current holiday coffee cup design debacle.


Here Comes Krampus is currently available as prints, stretched canvas prints, coffee mugs, travel mugs, throw pillows, tote bags, shower curtains and duvet covers. I will be adding the ability to order as an iPhone 6 cover too.

InkTober 2015: Days 4-7

Gallery

This gallery contains 4 photos.

Days 4 through 7 of InkTober are complete. The Micromanager runs amok in my brain and prevents me from getting anything creative accomplished. I have had to work for his ilk in the real world, but fortunately not for many … Continue reading

InkTober 2015: Days 1 – 3

Gallery

This gallery contains 3 photos.

InkTober is here again! This is year three for me to participate in the InkTober challenge, which is the concept of Jake Parker. Day 1 was a revisiting of my tentacled eyeball. The inking was executed by using a Winsor … Continue reading

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

And for the final day of the INKTober Challenge, a Praying Mantis! We spent Halloween eve with some friends, and watched the 1957 movie “Deadly Mantis.” B movie to the extreme!

But the real praying mantis has some incredible detail in the way it was made.

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

INKTober Day 31: Praying Mantis

Getting a better grasp on how to use the sepia ink. Gives ink drawings a new dimension.

That’s it for the INKTober challenge, but I’m going to continue with learning about drawing with ink.

INKTober Day 27: Monster

I don’t think this monster needs any introduction. This is drawn a promotional still of Boris Karloff as the Creature in the 1935 movie “Bride of Frankenstein.”

INKTober Day 27: Monster

INKTober Day 27: Monster

The background was unintentional… the pen left a big blob of ink at the back of his head. I tried to use a coffee filter that I use for wiping the pen to blot up excess ink and it smeared. So I improvised, dipping a folded bit of coffee filter in the ink then ‘smearing’ it outward. I’m actually happy with how it turned out.

And the inking… I think I had a breakthrough tonight.